FUNAAB JUPEB SCHOOL FEES: Are you interested in pursuing a JUPEB programme at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)? If so, you might be wondering how much it will cost you to enroll and complete your studies. In this blog post, we will explore the FUNAAB JUPEB school fees and what they cover. We will also provide some tips on how to manage your finances and plan ahead for your education.
JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board), is a one-year advanced-level programme that gives students the opportunity to gain admission into the second level (i.e. 200L) of any university that accepts JUPEB results. JUPEB can also be said to be another best option for students who want to avoid the stress of writing JAMB.
For sure quality education comes at a good price. To register for the FUNAAB JUPEB programme, you need to pay certain fees that cover your tuition, accommodation, examination, registration, and other expenses. These fees constantly vary depending on the course you choose and the duration of your programme. It is important to understand the breakdown of these fees and how they are calculated so as for you budget accordingly and avoid any surprises or difficulties.
ALL ABOUT FUNAAB
- COURSES OFFERED AT FUNAAB
- FUNAAB CUT-OFF MARK
- FUNAAB POST-UTME FORM
- FUNAAB ACCEPTANCE FEE
- FUNAAB SCHOOL FEE
- FUNAAB HOSTEL ACCOMODATION
How Much is FUNAAB JUPEB School Fees
The FUNAAB JUPEB school fees vary depending on the group of subjects that the student chooses. The breakdown is as follows:
- Arts: N250,000
- Sciences: N280,000
The tuition fees cover the following items:
- Registration fee: N10,000
- Acceptance fee: N30,000
- School fee: N200,000 (Arts) or N230,000 (Sciences)
- Examination fee: N10,000
The tuition fees do not include the following items:
- Accommodation fee: N40,000 (optional)
- Textbooks and materials: Varies depending on the subjects
- Feeding and transportation: Varies depending on the student’s lifestyle
The tuition fees are payable in two installments:
- First installment: 60% of the total amount
- Second installment: 40% of the total amount
The first installment is due at the beginning of the program, while the second installment is due before the end of the first semester.
There is still time, ,take a look at How to Calculate FUNAAB Cut-off Mark
Factors Affecting JUPEB School Fees
JUPEB, offering university admission without JAMB, is a year-long program with complex fees. This post unravels key fee influencers for prospective students.
- Location Influence: Centre location dictates fees, reflecting living costs. Urban areas like Lagos may be pricier than less expensive regions.
- Affiliation Impact: Centre ties to universities shape fees. Prestigious universities may charge more, affecting teaching quality and facilities.
- Subject Variety: Fees correlate with subjects offered. Extra subjects mean higher costs, covering teachers and materials for a broader curriculum.
- Duration Matters: Program length affects fees. Deviations from the standard year may raise costs due to extended accommodations and services.
Just take a quick look at FUNAAB PORTAL
How to Pay FUNAAB JUPEB School Fees
- Visit the FUNAAB JUPEB portal at https://jupeb.unaab.edu.ng/
- Log in with your username and password, which you created during the online application process.
- Click on “My Account” and then “Make Payment”.
- Select the fee type you want to pay, such as acceptance fee, tuition fee, etc.
- Choose your preferred payment method, such as bank deposit, online payment, etc.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment.
- Print out your payment receipt and keep it safe for future reference.
Note: You must pay your fees before the deadline, otherwise you may forfeit your admission. You can check the fee schedule and deadline on the FUNAAB JUPEB website or contact the JUPEB coordinator for more information.
Here are the simple steps to get FUNAAB POST UTME/DE FORM
Payment Options and Deadlines for FUNAAB JUPEB School Fees
The university accepts the following payment methods:
- Online payment: You can access the online payment portal through your student account.
- Bank transfer: You can also pay by bank transfer from your bank account to the university’s bank account. You need to include your student ID number and name as the reference for the transfer. You also need to send a copy of the bank receipt to the university’s finance office by email or fax.
- Cheque or money order: You can also pay by cheque or money order made payable to the university. You need to write your student ID number and name on the back of the cheque or money order. You can mail it to the university’s finance office or drop it off in person.
- Cash: You can pay in cash at the university’s cashier office. You need to bring your student ID card and a printed copy of your invoice.
The payment deadlines for each semester are as follows:
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Summer School
It is very important that you pay your fees by the due date, otherwise you may face late payment penalties, such as:
- Interest charges on the outstanding balance
- Suspension of access to online services, such as email, library, and learning management system
- Cancellation of your enrolment or visa (for international students)
- Ineligibility for graduation or academic transcripts
If you are unable to pay your fees by the deadline, you may be eligible for an installment plan, which allows you to pay the fees in two or three equal or unequal installments over the semester. To apply for an installment plan, you need to fill out a form and submit it to the university’s finance office before the payment deadline.
Also you might need to know about the LIST OF COURSES OFFERED AT FUNAAB
Scholarship and Financial Aid
One of the benefits of JUPEB is that it offers a flexible and affordable alternative to students who want to pursue higher education without writing JAMB or UTME. However, the programme still requires some fees, such as registration fee, tuition fee, examination fee, and accommodation fee. Depending on the institution you choose, these fees may vary from N150,000 to N450,000.
Fortunately, there are some scholarships and financial aid opportunities that can help you cover some or all of these costs. Here are some of them:
- JUPEB Foundation Scholarship: This is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to the best performing students in the JUPEB entrance examination. The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee for the duration of the programme. To be eligible, you must score at least 70% in the entrance examination and maintain a minimum of 12 points in your JUPEB final examination. You must also provide evidence of financial need and good character. To apply, you must fill an online application form and attach your entrance examination result slip, admission letter, passport photograph, and a letter of recommendation from your secondary school principal or any reputable person in the society.
- JUPEB Bursary Award: This is a need-based financial aid that is given to students who demonstrate financial hardship and academic potential. The bursary covers 50% of the tuition fee for the duration of the programme. To be eligible, you must score at least 50% in the entrance examination and maintain a minimum of 10 points in your JUPEB final examination. You must also provide evidence of financial need, such as bank statements, tax returns, pay slips, etc. To apply, you must fill an online application form and attach your entrance examination result slip, admission letter, passport photograph, and a letter of explanation of your financial situation.
- JUPEB Scholarship Scheme: This is a scholarship scheme that is sponsored by some private organizations, individuals, or alumni who want to support JUPEB students. The scholarship covers different amounts of the tuition fee depending on the sponsor’s discretion. To be eligible, you must meet the specific criteria set by the sponsor, such as academic performance, course of study, gender, state of origin, etc. To apply, you must follow the instructions given by the sponsor on their website or social media platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions about JUPEB School Fees
Here are some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about FUNAAB JUPEB:
What are the requirements for admission into FUNAAB JUPEB?
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB at one sitting or six (6) credit passes at not more than two sittings in relevant subjects. Candidates must also register, sit for and attain an acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
How do I apply for FUNAAB JUPEB?
- Candidates can apply online through the FUNAAB website (www.unaab.edu.ng) or visit the Centre for Pre-Degree Studies (CPDS) at Alabata Road, Abeokuta for application forms and further information.
How much is the application fee and tuition fee for FUNAAB JUPEB?
- The application fee is N15,000 while the tuition fee is N250,000 per session.
What are the available subject combinations for FUNAAB JUPEB?
The available subject combinations are:
- Agricultural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics
- Engineering: Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- Environmental Sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics or Geography
- Physical Sciences: Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- Biological Sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics
- Management Sciences: Economics, Accounting and Mathematics or Government
How long is the duration of FUNAAB JUPEB?
- The duration of FUNAAB JUPEB is one academic session of two semesters.
When will the FUNAAB JUPEB examination take place?
- The FUNAAB JUPEB examination usually takes place between June and July every year.
What is the mode of examination for FUNAAB JUPEB?
- The mode of examination for FUNAAB JUPEB is a combination of continuous assessment (CA) and final examination. The CA comprises of tests, assignments, practicals and projects while the final examination consists of theory and practical papers.
How do I check my FUNAAB JUPEB result?
- Candidates can check their FUNAAB JUPEB result online through the FUNAAB website (www.unaab.edu.ng) or visit the CPDS office with their examination number and scratch card.
How do I apply for admission into 200 level degree programmes in FUNAAB and other JUPEB-affiliated universities?
- Candidates who have successfully completed the FUNAAB JUPEB programme and passed the JUPEB examination can apply for admission into 200 level degree programmes in FUNAAB and other JUPEB-affiliated universities through Direct Entry (DE). Candidates must obtain the DE form from JAMB and fill in their choice of university, course and subject combination. Candidates must also meet the specific requirements of their chosen university and course.
What are the benefits of FUNAAB JUPEB?
Some of the benefits of FUNAAB JUPEB are:
- It gives candidates an opportunity to gain admission into 200 level degree programmes in FUNAAB and other JUPEB-affiliated universities without writing UTME again.
- It exposes candidates to university education and prepares them for academic excellence.
- It enables candidates to study their preferred courses in their preferred universities.
- It saves time and money as candidates do not have to spend an extra year in a remedial programme or repeat UTME.
1What is JUPEB, and how does it impact university admissions?
- JUPEB stands for Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board.
- It offers a pathway for direct admission into 200 level at Nigerian universities without needing to write JAMB.
Why do JUPEB fees vary among different centers?
- JUPEB fees differ due to factors like location, university affiliation, subjects offered, and program duration.
How does the location of the JUPEB center affect fees?
- Centre location influences living costs, impacting fees. Urban areas tend to have higher expenses compared to rural regions.
How does the affiliation of a JUPEB center impact fees and education quality?
- Centre affiliation with universities affects fees, with more prestigious universities often charging higher fees.
- Affiliation can influence the quality of teaching, facilities, and resources available to students.
How does the number of subjects offered affect FUNAAB JUPEB fees?
- A greater number of subjects may lead to higher fees, as centres need to cover additional teaching and materials costs.
Does the duration of the JUPEB programme influence fees?
- Yes, program duration affects fees. Longer or shorter schedules can impact costs related to accommodations and services.
Can the start or end dates of the JUPEB programme affect fees?
- Yes, centers with non-standard schedules may have altered fees due to extended accommodations and services.
How can I make an informed decision about choosing a JUPEB center based on fees?
- Research different centers, considering factors like location, affiliation, subjects, and program duration.
- Compare options to find a center that aligns with your budget and preferences.
Are scholarships or financial aid available for JUPEB students?
- Some centers may offer scholarships or financial aid options. It’s essential to inquire about these opportunities directly.
How can I prepare financially for JUPEB?
- Create a budget, factoring in tuition, accommodation, transportation, and other expenses.
- Research available financial aid options and plan accordingly.
Is JUPEB a guaranteed way to gain admission into a university?
- While JUPEB increases your chances of admission, it doesn’t guarantee it. Your performance in the program and university requirements still play a role.
How do I apply for JUPEB and get more information about fees?
- Contact your chosen JUPEB center directly for information on application procedures, fees, and any other queries.
Can I work part-time or study alongside JUPEB to cover the fees?
- Balancing part-time work or additional studies with JUPEB can be challenging due to the program’s rigorous nature. It’s important to prioritize your studies for success.
Are there any hidden fees I should be aware of?
- While centers usually provide comprehensive fee breakdowns, it’s always advisable to inquire about any potential hidden fees or additional costs upfront.
What resources can I access to learn more about JUPEB and its fees?
- Consult official JUPEB websites, contact JUPEB centers directly, and seek guidance from educational counselors for accurate and up-to-date information.
In your pursuit of JUPEB, remember that the fees you’ll encounter are influenced by factors like location, university affiliation, subjects offered, and program duration. These elements shape your experience and costs. By grasping these influences, you empower yourself to select a JUPEB center that aligns with your aspirations and financial means, setting you on a path toward a successful academic journey. Your choice matters – take the time to research and make a decision that paves the way for a rewarding and enriching JUPEB experience.